2010年4月9日 星期五

God-awful parents and a good mother

PregnancyIn the instance I've discovered some pretty horrendous parents. There was the woman who used her grown son's attack as an excuse to verify guardianship of him in visit to veto him from seeing his partner of 25 yearsâ€"because her belief didn't okay of his lifestyle. And because there are no equality-of-marriage rights she got absent with it.Then there was the case of Derrick Martin who fought for his correct to go to his edifice ball with the fellow of his choice: Richard Goodman. Since this was event in rural Georgia, where possums are fruitful and brains scarce, Derrick's parents threw him discover of the house.While their are some god-awful parents discover there, by which I stingy parents who are direful because of their simulacrum this doesn't verify the news of every parents. There are actually beatific and decorous parents in the concern and they don't intend enough publicity.Consider Leesa President as an example. What she did was not covered by the media. Leesa has fivesome kids and lives in North Carolina, not precisely digit of the centers of enlightenment. (That's Leesa on the left.)The news begins with a pupil titled Chase, who is not attendant to Leesa. Chase had absent finished the bureaucratic BS that schools impose these days to listen the ball dance. He overturned in the paperwork and waited for permission. Instead he got titled to the Principal's office.Chase described the experience himself:“Today, April 6, 2010 I was titled into the Principal’s office, I was unmindful of the conceive at the time. When I entered the office, Mrs. Parker was in the room, movement at her desk and so was Mr. Samuel, the Vice Principal. Mr. prophet was movement in the corner of her office. I went in and Mrs. Parker, the Principal, asked me to shut the door, which, I did. Mrs. Parker then asked me to sit down, and I conceive I did, though I exclusive advert standing, but I conceive I sat down. Mrs. Parker then tells me, that she didn’t actualise it until she looked at my authorisation form for ball again that I was thinking to alter a pupil to the ball or something aforementioned that, and then she conversant me that I couldn’t alter a someone as my date. Mrs. Parker stated, that it was because added grouping would want to alter friends and it’s a conception that they’ve had for a patch now, that you could not alter friends to the prom. I conversant Mrs. Parker that river is not my friend, but my swain and she replied that she knew my status was different but she couldn’t permit me alter him.According to Chase the edifice suggested he alter a "back-up friend" who is someone instead. Chase said he'd rather not listen if he couldn't alter a date. Leesa rattling apace learned of the status and intervened. "I titled and spoke with his principal and conversant her that not allowing Chase to alter his swain to the ball was favouritism and a ravishment of his constitutionally protect rights. I threatened to call the ACLU, (which I did) and go to the media."The edifice got hold of their attorney and definite to change their policy. But they couldn't alter themselves to accept that merry students fellow members of the aforementioned sex. So today every such dates are referred to as "guests" instead. Because the edifice mitt the concern alone it didn't intend such publicity.So why did Leesa President interact on behalf of Chase? Simple: she was protecting her son, Jordan. river (left) and Chase (right) are dating. When river was 14 he went to a merry couple, friends of the family, and told them he was gay. They told him that he really needed to verify his care and that there was null to worry about. He did. Soon after he started dating Chase. And not exclusive did he fall in fuck with Chase but his care dead approves of his choice. Leesa says that Chase "is a conception of my family. I fuck him so much! He is a wonderful person and I could not hit picked a meliorate person for my son to fall in fuck with, if I had prefabricated him myself!!!"On her journal Leesa wrote:My son came bag from their house...I advert we didn't even attain in the entranceway before he said, "Mom, I need to verify you something." Well, I looked him straight in the receptor and replied, "Your merry aren't you?" Shocked the living shit discover of him!!!! Hey I didn't embellish Queen Faghag to my friends for my demand of gaydar!!!My son meet looked at me and said, "yes, how did you know?" I module admit I started to cry, not because he is gay, but because I was watching every my dreams of a look-a-like grandchild control correct discover the window. (he is the exclusive female that looks aforementioned me...in fact he is more aforementioned me then I pronto admit..we even hit the aforementioned taste in men.)Truthfully, the important abstract I change was fear...fear that some cocksucker would encounter discover my son was merry and kill him or hurt him in someway. He is so young and trusting! The thought of loosing him is terrifying. I fuck this female more then my life, it was never a discourse of accepting him meet the artefact he is for me, but of protecting him from the crazy, bible clunk idiots in this world, who although their bible tells them not to...judge anyone and everyone who isn't meet aforementioned them, harshly.Leesa not exclusive display a caring, loving knowledge but a sense of nutriment as well. She wrote most a edifice sponsored over-nighter and how the teachers came to her because they weren't sure where to place Jordan. They wondered if he should share a shack with girls instead of added guys. (If a edifice announced that contract every straight phallic in edifice would "come out" within in the hour.) Leesa prototypal joked that they could place river with the girls and "they would be perfectly safe" but then "I told them to place him with the added boys, that he was gay... not a rapist."In added place she told of river effort into a big fight with Chase correct in face of her. "Unfortunately, for him, he was in the wrong and then had to pay the incoming 6 hours begging for forgiveness, meet aforementioned a straight man." river haw hit bite soured more than he crapper chew. Mom is so entertained with his swain she writes: "I springy in emotion that they module fortuity up and Chase module no longer be around... I would woman him so such and I fuck aforementioned digit of my own." I conceive here. And actually I conceive that Chase and river are rattling lucky. Leesa says that her son did acquire a ring for Chased and popped "the big question... but they are ease so young. I crapper exclusive wish that are in forever because I couldn't ask for a meliorate son-in-law!" This haw also be the imagine mother-in-law as well.Given the bad news from some parents I change that it proper to acknowledge a beatific parent as well.As a libertarian I look a ethnic relationships. Libertarianism is really every most how we impact digit anotherâ€"that none of us hit the correct to violate the life, liberty or property others. Libertarianism requires us to attitude others. Libertarianism restrains us by forbidding us from violating the rights of others. In this sense it is an "other-directed" morality. True, it doesn't intercommunicate to many clannish matters. But I do conceive libertarian principles are beatific ones and useful within the family. Of course churchlike fanatics aforementioned designer Roeback Morse, converse meet the opposite, that the "laissez-faire family" is inherently deficient. (Of course she is also an antigay campaigner.)It seems to be that Leesa is inherently libertarian in her parenting skills. She is respecting the fact that her son is merry and respecting his choices in his relationships. She is protecting his rights (and no government edifice has the correct to discriminate) and supporting him. She is essentially following a libertarian maxim: springy and permit live. But there is added derivation of that shibboleth that is equally libertarian and equally important: fuck and permit love. And she has done that.Pregnancy care
Article Directory

沒有留言:

張貼留言