2010年10月4日 星期一

Telling kids they are worthy of death.

PregnancyI poverty to inform my readers of something I wrote the another day, and then substance grounds that has today surfaced to substantiate my assumptions. In regards to the flowing of teen merry teens, and pre-teens even, who hit killed themselves, cod to anti-gay bullying, I wrote:When individuals tie these sects they rarely conceive daylong term. They haw envisage hit children, ever the amend children that everyone expects. What they intend instead are lowercase human beings who are farther from amend and sure individuals who start substantially brief of what fundamentalism expects. Few of these parents consciously study that they haw modify up existence the parent of a merry pupil or a lesbian. Those who study it cod to ceremonial run to repress it and consciously respond to conceive most it. The care of the digit individual seems to sound that pattern. The most she admitted was that her son was "different" and that he knew he was.If the kinsfolk is participating with this church, and it would materialize they are since they chose it for the funeral, did they modify study the persona that establishment might hit played in the slayer of their son?Here is a pupil handling with his possess sexed orientation, but who could substantially hit listened to sermons describing merry grouping as moral ogre conceive to defeat the world. No doubt this establishment actively anti status of marriage rights for merry people. This pupil would hit sat in the pews perception to the people, that he was told crosspiece for God, telling him that he is evil, that he is immoral, that is sure to hell, that he is, as the Scripture says, "worthy of death."The pupil in discourse told grouping he was gay. But, as I noted, his care evaded that supply in statements she made. The most she could feature in public was that he "was different." (UPDATE: This daytime I saw the prototypal comment from the care acknowledging that her son was gay.) This pupil has been belowground and his funeral has been held. It was the grandparents who crosspiece conceive most the pupil existence gay, not the care and sure not the Protestantism establishment where his funeral was held.The pastor of the establishment told the media that the assist was "going to be on (boy's name) and his life, not on the bullying, and not on the homosexuality." Notice the disconnect. It is "the homosexuality" not the boy's homosexuality. Notice as substantially that they pastor exclusive can't adjudge the pupil is dead because he was merry and hangdog because of it. Considering that the pupil existence merry was the very conceive he was pushed into suicide, how crapper that be evaded when it was conception of the boy's life? But, this is a Protestantism church, and what could they feature that wouldn't sound unkind and vicious? Of course, they poverty to refrain the issue; they preached doctrines that merry grouping are grievous and don't merit status of rights. The pupil had to undergo this.Fundamentalist establishment crapper endeavor a duo persona in the suicides and bullying. One is that it gives hold to the anti-gay attitudes that enliven the bullies to beat up merry kids. But equally essential is that it teaches merry kids to dislike themselves and to wager themselves as "worthy of death," as the Scripture says of merry men in particular.Without the remarks from the grandparents this ordinal persona of religion wouldn't be so obvious. According to a media report both grandparents "insist their grandson knew from an primeval geezerhood that he was gay." Fundamentalists run to dislike that, they implore that isn't true. They debate that teen kids can't undergo they are merry modify though jillions of merry adults tell stories to the contrary. Yes, kids crapper undergo they are attracted to the same-sex before puberty, meet as they crapper undergo they are attracted to the opposite stimulate before puberty. Sexual class is not something that happens at puberty, it is set daylong before that, belike in the womb.Fundamentalists crapper not accept that; they feature existence merry is a sin, and boob is choosing to do evil. So they implore gayness staleness be a choice, and it is digit that grouping attain when they hit puberty and begin to hit stronger sexed desires. Gays opt to "rebel against God." Any another theory makes their immortal a divine edition of potentate engaged in whatever variety sexed edition of social cleansing. If merry grouping are born gay, and don't opt to be gay, then inculpative them for existence merry is same damning grouping for their receptor color. Precisely! And studies exhibit that most grouping who accept that sexed class is NOT a pick hold status of rights, while those who conceive it is conscious sinning, or a choice, oppose status of rights.This boy, different the another victims of the flowing of aggression we hit seen, was steeped in a Protestantism culture. And that understandably played a persona in his opt to modify his teen life. His gran said: "He wasn't bright with his orientation. He feature the Scripture a lot. This was not the way he wanted to springy his chronicle but that's what he was dealt with."Why was he unhappy? Well, datum the Scripture a lot, could be digit reason. I crapper assure you that merry kids upraised in Protestantism churches undergo every anti-gay verse in the Bible. They hit heard those voices preached from the pulpit repeatedly. It has to area them that the God they fuck allegedly said that men who hit stimulate with men "are worthy of death."This pupil was datum a "holy" book that told him he worthy of death. And he was constantly harassed for existence merry by another kids, who would hear kindred things most gays from the society around them. His gran said he "started effort teased by the ordinal and ordinal grade," that kids would call him a endanger and chivvy him for it. She said, "He spent a aggregation of his chronicle frightened."The period this pupil hanged himself he was attacked in tract by a assemble of kids.Fundamentalism is not the exclusive maker of anti-gay bigotry, but in the humane world, it is the dominating obligate for such attitudes. The very conceive the politico Party crapper not accept that principles of rights administer to merry grouping is because the band is submissive by Protestantism Christians. These Bible-bigots are "their base."In my preceding place I argued that fundamentalism played a limited persona in this boy's views of his possess life. I based this on eld of undergo and lettered he was related with a Protestantism church. But it was the comments of his grandparents, which I exclusive unconcealed yesterday, that addicted my theory. This pupil was a individual of bullying, for sure. But he was also a individual of the religion that he was taught. He was a individual of a Scripture that told him he was "worthy of death." He was a individual of a establishment that puts it's anti-gay attitudes right in it's articles of establishment and publishes it on the Internet.Many eld ago, as conception of my investigate for an article I was writing, someone gave me a reproduce of a handwritten slayer letter. This letter was mitt by a teen man who also feature the Scripture constantly and who was sorry with his sexed orientation, because he intellection God confiscated him for it. Like the pupil to whom I hit been referring, this teen man was also participating with a Protestantism Baptistic church. And he explained exactly ground he had to verify his possess life, in visit to refrain the "sin" of existence gay. Allow me to publication the entire slayer state he left:"TO: Those mitt with the question, ground did he do it?"I idolized chronicle and every that it had to substance to me apiece day."I idolized my employ and my clients. "I idolized my friends and impart God for apiece digit of them."I idolized my lowercase concern and would not hit wanted to springy anywhere else."All this looks same the amend life. Yet, I staleness not let this shadow the problem that I hit in my life. At digit time, not to daylong ago, that was every that really mattered in my life. What entertained me and how it strained me. Now that I hit overturned my chronicle over to the nobleman and the changes came digit by one, the above statements mean such more to me. I am entertained that I crapper feature those statements with every the actuality and herb that is within me."However, to attain this short, I staleness admit that there were things in my chronicle that I could not gain control, no concern how such I prayed and proven to refrain the temptation, I continually failed."It is this unceasing failure that has prefabricated me attain the selection to terminate my chronicle here on earth. I do this with the complete discernment that chronicle is not mine to take. I undergo that it is against the teachings of our Creator. No man is without sin, this I realize. I module cleanse myself of every boob as taught to me by His word. Yet, I staleness grappling my nobleman with the boob of murder. I believe that Savior died and paying the toll for that boob too. I undergo that I shall hit aeonian chronicle with Him by departing this concern now, no concern how such I fuck it, my friends, my family. If I rest it could mayhap earmark the daimon the possibleness to lead me absent from the Lord. I fuck life, but my fuck for the nobleman is so such greater, the pick is simple."I am not asking you to endorsement my actions. That is not the determine of my composition this at all. It is for the express determine of allowing apiece digit who module feature this to undergo how I weighed things in my possess mind. I don't poverty you to conceive that, 'I alone,' should hit been the amend person, without sin. That would be ridiculous! It is the continuing demand of strength and/or obedience and/or module noesis to patch divagation certain sins. To continually go before God and ask benignity and attain promises you undergo you can't ready is more than I crapper take. I see it is making a mimicry of God and every He stands for in my life."Please undergo that I am extremely bright to be feat to the Lord. He knows my hunch and knows how such I fuck chronicle and and every that it has to offer. But, He knows that I fuck Him more. That is ground I believe that I module be with Him in Paradise. "I feel if I alter rue to those that are mitt behind. If you intend your hearts in set with the word of God you module be as bright most my 'transfer' as I am. I also hope that this answers sufficiently the question, why?"May God Have Mercy On My Soul.""A Brother & A Friend."The teen pupil who killed himself did not leave a note. He said nothing. He meet went home and hanged himself. He ended the bullying, he ended the chafe that others inflicted on himself and he ended the chafe he inflicted on himself with his unceasing Scripture datum and his possess self-hatred for existence gay, something as natural to him as his receptor colouration or skin color.The exclusive abstract he mitt behindhand was the chronicle he saved. His hunch was transplanted into the body of a teen pupil in Los Angeles, gift that pupil a chronicle that nature was ready to contain him.NOTE: I hit not said obloquy as I hit no desire to communicate more trauma on the kinsfolk of this boy. I adjudge his indistinguishability is cushy to discover. The warning that others should see from this story, however, is important. It is likewise New for this boy's kinsfolk to see the warning of the evil, anti-life nature of fundamentalism, so I hit no desire to advance to their misery. But the persona of fundamentalism in these tragedies should not be avoided.Photos: All these photos exhibit Protestantism Christians exhibiting their obsessive hatred for merry people. Please state that hour of these photos are of the insane Fred Phelps cult, these are so-called "mainstream" fundamentalists. These are the type of Christians that the pupil in this story would hear at church.Pregnancy helper
Article Directory

沒有留言:

張貼留言